Windows Server 2003 EOL
Windows Server 2003 EOL is here – Ricoh’s assessment, planning and migration services can help your business minimise the risks and realise the full benefits of upgrading to modern technologies.
After July 14, Microsoft will no longer issue security updates for any version of Windows Server 2003. If you are still running Windows Server 2003 in your datacentre, you need to take steps now to plan and execute a migration strategy to protect your infrastructure. By migrating to Windows Server 2012 R2, Cloud applications such as Office 365, or a Hosted environment, you can achieve concrete benefits, including improved performance, reduced maintenance requirements, and increased agility and speed of response to the business.
Why should you migrate?
If you are still running Windows Server 2003, it is recommended that you upgrade to a later version to avoid the risk, cost and complexity of running the outdated operating system.
With no security updates or support, businesses running Windows 2003 will be susceptible to security attacks and may incur high costs to resolve any issues. Chances are, if you’re still using Windows 2003 then your hardware may be outdated, too, which is often expensive and inefficient to run. In addition, many newer applications will not work properly on older operating systems, or may not work at all.
- Discover - Determine which applications and workloads you have running on Windows Server 2003 today.
- Assess - Categorise applications and workloads by type, importance, and degree of complexity.
- Target - Choose a migration destination for each application and workload, either on your premise or in the cloud.
- Migrate - Build your migration plan - design your new environment or plan how you will migrate applications and workloads to the Cloud.
- Support - Determine how you will manage your environment to ensure ongoing optimal performance.
Find out more:
Click here to download one of Ricoh’s whitepapers: ‘Is time running out for your servers?’ and ‘Preparing for the Cloud.’
Check out the report on our 2015 Australian Server Technology Poll to discover the concerns, barriers and strategies of Australian IT Managers regarding the state of their server environments.
View our recently held webinar for insights on how to ensure your server environment is secure and ready for the future regardless of your current set up.
Don’t take our word for it. Visit the Microsoft website to find out why migrating is worth it.